I have had a "quieter" online presence then I had anticipated. I have good news to report. I have received confirmation that I am registered for the Tom Taylor Trail Ten Miler it is on Halloween! I'm excited for this race for a few reasons.
1) This is the inaugural race
2) Tony, from my running clinic is one of the organizers
3) It raises money for a Charity, Inn From The Cold
4) It is the longest race I have ever run (16km's)
5) I will have a slice or two of my Dairy Queen ice cream birthday cake, which has yet to be purchased.
My birthday was in May, but I have been working hard since May 4th to lose 20 lbs :)
Running has been going really well! It's hard to believe that my 10 Miler clinic is almost over! I've noticed a big difference in my ability to run more comfortably at a faster pace. My lungs feel healthier. I no longer bring my iPod to the Monday clinic nights, or Run Club on Wednesdays (for hills training and tempo runs). Last Wednesday we did a 2km warm up run, then a 12 minute tempo run, and five 90 second hills followed by a 2km run back to the store.