Best Support Network!

Best Support Network!
2nd Half Marathon

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Establishing a Routine

I love planning. I take comfort in knowing how I will be spending my time. The half marathon training has kept me busy and on track. Our fitness schedule has us running 5 days a week with 2 days of cross training. I use one of my cross training days for weight training, and the other for Pilates and an exercise class called Lean Physique. This week I will be trying yoga for the first time!

Monday: Cross Training
Tuesday: Tempo Runs
Wednesday: Hills Training (Running)
Thursday: Steady Run
Friday: Personal Training + Steady Run
Saturday: Cross Training + Weekly Weigh In*
Sunday: Long Slow Distance Run

Hydration Tip: When you divide your weight (in pounds) in half that equates to the the amount of water in ounces you should be consuming when you're training. I'm still trying to consume more water.

February Weigh In: Down 5.8 lbs

Note: I weigh in weekly for Weight Watchers. Be aware of your overall health goals. Consult your doctor to ensure that your weight goals are safe and healthy for you. My personal trainer discouraged me from weighing myself frequently because he did not want me to be discouraged. Muscle weighs twice as much as fat. He said that it sometimes takes up to two months before you can see a change in your body.

Be Patient & Stick with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment