Best Support Network!

Best Support Network!
2nd Half Marathon

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!

The main emphasis of this blog is three-fold:

1) Motivation. My 10km running clinic with the Running Room has just come to a close. I am feeling motivated, so now is as good a time as any to share my running journey with you.

2) Accountability. I will use this blog to help me be accountable to myself, and to you. I find getting my goals, and achievements in writing to be powerful.

3) Staying on Track. I have been improving my health, and fitness over the past few years, and hope to continue to see improvements.

My Goal Race is the end of May for the Ottawa Half Marathon in 2011.

My Running History
 While attending university I wanted to exercise outdoors in the winter so I joined the 10km Walking Room Clinic at the Running Room. I really enjoyed the sense of community at the Running Room, as well as the educational components. I later joined the Learn to Run program, followed by the 5km Running Clinic. My first race was at the Ottawa Race Weekend in May 2009 where I ran 5km's. I was fortunate to have support both running the race, and with family cheering me on. Upon arriving home after moving away from university I resettled at another Running Room where I completed my first 10km Running Clinic. Our goal race was the Durham 1/4 Marathon in Oshawa raising money for homeless youth, which marked my second race. Once again my family and friends cheered me on.

The Plan
     I am currently enrolling in the 10 Mile Clinic at the Running Room which will be a first for me, and the longest distance yet. The 10 Mile Clinic and shorter distance clinics have a 10 week duration.  My aim (hopefully without injuries) is to run the Tom Taylor Trail 10 Miler goal race October 31st 2010.  Friends from my previous clinic will run 10km's in the Zoo Run October 14th, 2010. I love the zoo, so it should be hilly but enjoyable. I want to join the 10km Clinic upon completion of the 10 Mile Clinic to maintain my running and distance. Their goal race is the Egg Nog Jog December 12, 2010. By mid January I intend on joining the Half Marathon Clinic, which is 4 months long. There are two goal races, the first being Around the Bay March 27, 2011 Relay Team, and the second being The Ottawa Half Marathon May 29th, 2011. The cool thing about the Ottawa race is that it will hopefully be my gift to myself for my 26th birthday by completing a Half Marathon as a milestone!

I look forward to your support, and to sharing my journey with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment